Prior to his Senior Innovation Manager role at Lloyds TSB, one of the major banks in the UK, Christophe worked in business development, in both telecommunications and banking. In these roles he helped drive significant new business in both the payments straight through processing, and anti-money laundering space.
In 2007 Christophe founded Visible-Banking.com and in 2008 he set up Visible Media Ltd - both to help financial institutions better understand and leverage social media.
The Visible Banking Team now tracks well over 3,000 initiatives from financial insitutions in 70+ countries on twitter, facebook, youtube, blogs.
Christophe holds an Msc in IT and a MBA, both of which were obtained in his homeland France.
Key Facts and Figures
* Business Network & Readership: about 40% in North America, 40% in EMEA, 20% rest of the world.
* Main digital assets: the VB Blog (1,6k rss feed readers, between 8-12k unique monthly visitors), the VB facebook page (1,200+ likes), @Visible_Banking on twitter (5,000+ followers).
* Published author: 'Customer Experience Without Borders: a Practical Guide to Social Media in Financial Services'.
* Public speaker: 70+ public speaking engagements in over 10 countries (chairperson, speaker, moderator).
* Event organizer: 7 workshops designed and successfully delivered in Europe and Asia (wrap up - Singapore).
* Unique insights: the Visible Banking Facebook Watch series (1,300+ pages and apps in 70+ countries) and the Visible Banking Twitter Watch series (1,680+ accounts in 70+ countries).
* WEB TV: over 100 video comments and video interviews with thought leaders from the likes of Wells Fargo, BNP Paribas, Standard Chartered, Rabobank...
We invite you to check Christophe's 80+ endorsements on Linkedin.
“It was a pleasure to have Christophe, whom I had established contact with through his visible banking blog when I worked at ING 2 years ago, chair the CoreVentus 'channel management for retail banking' event in Kuala Lumpur. Bringing in the 'unexpected' angles of social networking at justly timed moments, Christophe helped the speakers, of which I was one, interact with the audience which resulted in rich discussions with enough out-of-the-box thinking to make the event memorable to all participants.” April 30, 2009
David Garceran Nieuwenburg, AVP - Asia Head e-Services, Sun Life Financial Asia
“Christophe is an industry leader and a true visionary. I've been reading his work for some time and had the pleasure of working with him at the Marcus Evans Online Retail Banking Services conference. Christophe served as the conference chair. He masterfully led the two-day event keeping attendees engaged and focused. His sharing of keen insight, opinion and direct connections to leading industry members was exceptionally valuable. If you want to stay on top of what is happening in this space, stay connected to Christophe and point your RSS reader to his blog.” May 27, 2008
Michael Neil, Vice President Online Strategy at Merrill Lynch
“I have had the pleasure of working with Christophe both in the virtual and real world...Recently, I attended a conference that Chrsitophe chaired for Marcus Evans on Online Banking. Christophe really put together a crisp day with relevant presentations from well respected presenters. It was abundantly clear that Christope brings the same high level of passion for this industry in person as he brings into his own visible-banking.com blog. I have admired his work for quite some time online and can testify that his even more engaging in person!” May 22, 2008
Scott Hurlbert, Director Online Services at People's Bank
“Christophe and I were both speakers at the April 2009 EFMA conference on 'Social Media Revolution and Impact on Financial Services'. As a personification of his very useful website Visible-Banking.com, Christophe is brimming with information, and not afraid to share. He can transmit his heartfelt enthousiasm about this subject to the audience. If you're in doubt about what is possible with social media in financial services, don't hestitate to contact Christophe.” April 24, 2009
Casper van Amelsvoort, Marketing Manager at Rabobank Nederland